Monday, August 22, 2011

Fixes.

1. I'm in the "Bohemian Bean" in Bluffton (how's that for alliteration?) attempting to do some work. Mostly, I just keep checking Facebook and email every few minutes after I write one or two sentences. Then I people-watch, which has proven interesting. I chose to forego the Y tonight because I convinced myself I'd get work done. I did get a library card (woohoo!) and search for music therapy books for my next book review, to no avail.

Mostly, it's like college again. :)

I miss school. I miss the socializing and the flexible schedule and not having to be somewhere for 8 hours a day. I like the changes in scenery, the freedom, the classes, believe it or not, the homework. I do have assignments here, but when you're cooped up in one building all day and doing groups/individual sessions the majority of the time, it's difficult to find motivation to do it when you could be practicing or when you get home. Evenings for me are spent skyping, so it's not really an option to wait until you recoup at night to work.

When I was in school last year, I was absolutely ready to be done. And I'd probably feel that way again if I went back for more than a month. It's that whole transition thing again. Friday night, I had a dream in which I was hysterical, sobbing and completely upset - I missed Appalachian, I missed home. That had to do with missing the Big Sale, which is a part of ACT, which is a big part of me. Opportunities like those in school are harder to come by in the real world...especially when you don't have hour breaks throughout the day. I feel like I could accomplish so much more with the time I had in school than I can now.

Anyway, fun/new things:
1. Coming out of the library, I thought the door was automatic, and stood there for a split second just looking at it, waiting for it to open. Then realized such was not the case.
2. I went to the zoo this weekend! And realized how lonely I've been.
3. I wonder where all the parental supervision is here. I think it's great that kids can go around the town on their own, on their bikes, and that they're at the library, but it's just so different.
4. I'm back to enjoying working out. Now I just have to match my food lifestyle.
5. I'M GOING HOME LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Which means crazy hours that week so I can get away at a reasonable hour on Thursday.
6. I've checked out "The Soloist" by Steve Lopez. Has anyone read it? I want to get "The Help" too.
So much more. But lists like this get boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment