Monday, February 9, 2009

The crazy sounds of silence...

This is new for me. Blogging, that is. But it's 12:38 a.m., no one is awake, it's quiet and peaceful. I find myself alone with my thoughts and nowhere to put them, no one to share them with. I think this will help them from bouncing, darting and tumbling around in my head. Hopefully they'll slide smoothly down and out through my fingers onto this page.

Unfortunately, life hardly works the way you hope it will. I titled this "Pursuit" ideally because I wanted to document my journey of growing closer to Christ. I typed the title somewhat shamefaced and guiltily, for I knew in the back of my mind that it wouldn't be as much. "Pursuit" is still fitting though - humans are always after something. Status, money, friendships, education, relationships, God, anything. We're designed that way, to be forever searching, yearning and seeking...Him.

I know my priorities are completely out of whack. I can feel my heart aching for the Lord, yet I put my schoolwork and Facebook ahead of God. Why do we deflect what we're made to do onto meaningless, superficial things? It's easy for me to sit here and say, "we should do this, we should do that," but oh so much harder to actually implement it. I love the Lord and He knows my heart, but I'm still working on dedicating my whole being - mind, body and soul - to Him. I feel like I come to so many epiphanies, yet nothing changes. What does it take to truly change your life? Does anyone else have this problem?

This was a rather random entry that I didn't know I was going to type. It's now 12:54 and I have to finish a paper. Sleep well, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment