Monday, November 29, 2010

Filler

A lot has happened since I last let my darting thoughts frantically escape from my mind and out my fingers.

For one - in a nutshell - my flights got all sorts of whoppy-jawed and I ended up getting to Fort Wayne at 8:30 pm, instead of 10:00 am. The internship director was very accommodating and offered to do the interview Saturday morning. So, I got a hotel room at the wonderful Holiday Inn Express (complete with a king bed to MYSELF!), interviewed at 8:30 the next morning, then flew home, getting to Charlotte around 7:00 pm. I believe I actually spent more time in Detroit than in Indiana.

I posted my flight perils on my facebook, and one comment was "Wow, I wonder why that was in the cards?" A few days before that, that same person and I had a conversation about how God wouldn't send me where I wasn't supposed to go. At the time of figuring out if I really, honestly had to stay in the airport for 10 hours, I was incredibly frustrated, tired (I had been up since 3:30 am!) and stressed out. Since I was planning on flying up that day, I hadn't brought any other clothes or anything with me (lesson learned).

But I'm glad everything worked out how it did. All of my stress and nerves (or most of it) was diverted from interviewing to figuring out when I was going home. I got to meet the ID's kids and not encounter as many of those "formality" walls, and I'm grateful. I love everything about the place (maybe minus Bluffton - it's about 4 miles from top to bottom) and I believe it would be a great internship. However, I haven't heard anything back yet, and that makes me very sad, because it's past the time she said she'd made a decision. It's frustrating because I look back and think of how I could have prepared more, how I could have done better, and that I know I have at least, if not a higher level, of the required entry skills.

I keep hoping that it will work out, but I have to keep on like I don't have a job yet. I've got interviews being scheduled in Kansas and Pennsylvania, and hopefully Iowa, which is my second choice. Hope hope hope. Pray pray pray.

In other news, my 22nd birthday was on the 18th. It feels kind of weird, but good. It makes me more ready to be out of school. Also, Daniel is visiting grad schools! Pray that he'll find the right one and preferably get some money, haha. We're both making big decisions right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment