The title's funny because I had my penultimate session at Broughton today.
For those that aren't familiar with Broughton, it's the primary (maybe only? Not sure) psychiatric hospital in NC. VERY large.
I really actually like that place. I think. I love my group, and I love seeing their potential. I love how they are helping me learn and grow myself as well. Before this semester, I was wary and extremely reluctant to work in mental health. It scared me. Who wants to go deal with screamers and delusions and self-injury and all that? However, once the DMC said, "You need to do mental health. You'll be at Broughton," acceptance came and I was no longer nervous. I had to face it, so I sucked it up.
I wish I could have that courage before I am forced or required to do something.
I can! Pray pray pray. It's so exciting to observe how the Lord has delivered in other areas of my life through prayer, and I need to remember that this is no different.
I actually really want to post more, but I have to go scan in to a concert. I'll try to write more tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment