I'm really enjoying lists lately, even more so than usual, which is unusual.
For graduation, I was blessed to receive a new guitar, a computer, a laminator (!), two fake books, and much more. I feel equipped for Indiana! For any MTIs (current or former), is there anything you wished you'd had during internship?
I feel a crazy need to plan my entire wedding before I go work at camp next Friday...which won't actually happen. It's a result of the fear that I won't have time to plan it or order things when I finish internship. I'm reminded of the scene in Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (Pt 1) where Harry, Ron, and Hermoine have just disapparated (spelling?) from the family wedding overrun by Death Eaters. They're walking along the streets of...London (?), have no idea what their next move is, and could be killed at any moment. Ron mentions that the Trace is broken now that Harry is 17, and Hermoine wails in the cutest British accent while looking genuinely upset, "Harry! We forgot to celebrate your birthday!" He makes a remark, she breathes in deeply, exhales, and says, "You're right. Perspective."
I've been receiving a lot of sound advice lately, and I'm eager to put it into practice. When internship gets stressful, when wedding planning might make me cry, I need to remember - perspective. Said with a British accent.
I love the Harry Potter analogy! Makes perfect sense! I just got a watch for my internship because I don't think I'll be able to look at my phone to judge how long the session is lasting... might be a good idea to get one if you don't already have one! :)
ReplyDelete